Physical exercise is beneficial for health
but not only for physical health; also, for mental health. Improves cognitive abilities, enhances memory, increases our self-esteem and helps create a more stable and balanced mood.
It is not necessary to be an athlete of high competence, it is enough to walk 35 minutes of 4 to 5 times per week, preferably at a vigorous pace, to enjoy its benefits.
Our modern society, populated by motor vehicles and always connected to new technologies, facilitates a sedentary lifestyle. The sedentary life is one of the ten main causes of disability and mortality since it causes diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and arthritis.
Benefits of regular physical exercise :
- It contributes to improving mental health, reduces stress, anxiety and even phobias and panic attacks. Excellent support in the treatment against mild depression; as effective as medications, but without side effects.
- Improve your self-esteem, your confidence and your mood.15 benefits of physical exercise
- It benefits the quality of sleep. An active lifestyle can mean a more restful and deep sleep, which stimulates concentration in the day, and increases your productivity.
- Increases the flow of oxygen to the brain, so that the ability to learn, concentration, memory, and alertness can improve considerably.
- Improve the skin of your entire body, by stimulating circulation. Besides being an excellent ally against cellulite.
- It helps in the prevention of colon cancer since it accelerates the passage of waste through the intestines. Also, by regulating hormone levels, it can help prevent breast and prostate cancer.
- The impact on the bones is very positive. In children it can increase bone density, in adolescents it strengthens them and in adult life it delays degeneration. It can prevent osteoporosis.
- The immune system accelerates temporarily, increases its capacity and defenses for the body.
- Helps maintain a healthy level of blood sugar, which not only helps control weight but to avoid the risk of diabetes. Importantly improves glucose tolerance and decreases insulin resistance.
- Accompanied by a good diet, it will allow you to maintain your ideal weight and reduce your body fat.
- In the muscles, it not only increases oxygenation, tone, strength, and volume; It also promotes flexibility, the strength of tendons and ligaments.
- It increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL) and lowers triglycerides.
- Improve your sex life, reducing problems of erectile dysfunction, especially with the passage of time.
- Improve your personal appearance, and contribute to your personal safety.
- Both aerobic exercise (running, walking, cycling, swimming) and anaerobic or resistance (weights), which increases muscle strength, have widely proven benefits.
Among them: they improve the cardiovascular and respiratory function, they increase the maximum consumption of oxygen, they improve the supply of blood to the muscles, they decrease the pulse and the arterial pressure.
The ideal is a combination of aerobic, anaerobic and flexibility exercises.